Due to their chemical inertness, fluoropolymers have been extensively used for liquid transport in the chemical industry as lining materials to protect metallic piping systems against corrosion or as monolayer pressure resistant piping systems.
Solef® PVDF and Halar® ECTFE
Solef® PVDF is a semi-crystalline, melt-processable fluoropolymer that offers excellent resistance to oxidizing chemicals and barrier properties combined with exceptional fatigue resistance and long-term hydrostatic strength. It has been used successfully in domestic water supply applications for nearly 20 years and has an equally impressive track record in the chemical, semiconductor, and oil and gas industries.
Plumbing applications for Solef® PVDF include:
- Drinking Water – Fittings & Manifolds
- Heating Systems – Fittings & Manifolds
- Taps & Shower Valves – Cartridges & Valve Bodies
- Boilers & Meters – Components
- Industrial Systems – Pipes & Valves
Halar® ECTFE is a partially fluorinated melt-processable polymer that fills the performance gap between PVDF and fully fluorinated polymers. Its exceptional resistance to oxidizers makes it suitable for piping applications in even the harshest chemical environments.
Plumbing applications for Halar® ECTFE include Pipes and Valves for Industrial Systems.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and hot chlorinated water
- Outstanding long-term hydrostatic strength
- Exceptional fatigue resistance
- Good barrier properties against a broad range of chemicals
- UV resistance for outdoor applications
- Smooth surface prevents biofilm adhesion
- Resistant to flame propagation
|Fluoropolymers for Water Delivery Systems
|Solef® 1010 PVDF
||Injection molding and extrusion
|Solef® 1008 PVDF
||Low viscosity, injection molding
|Halar® 350 ECTFE
||Exceptional resistance to oxidizers