SolVin is launching, in the Diofan® product line, a brand-new polyvinylidene chloride aqueous dispersion grade called Diofan® P 510 for the manufacturing of anticorrosion and protective paints, at the European Coatings Show 2007 in Nuremberg (Germany).
Diofan® P 510 is used in the formulation of high performance, one-pack, water-based paints which are better for both health and the environment. Thanks to its unrivalled low moisture and water permeability, coatings based on Diofan® P 510 exhibit outstanding corrosion resistance, even in the most severe environments, with overall performance equivalent to that obtained from traditional high performance solvent-based paint systems.
Diofan® P 510, which is free of any harmful ingredients, allows the production of paints which, thanks to their extremely low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOC), comply with the most stringent European and local regulations - including those covering paints designed for contact with foodstuffs.
“The use of solvents in paint formulation will eventually cease due to health and environmental considerations,” commented Diego Lancksweert, business manager, SolVin. “Based on a unique expertise in aqueous dispersions for barrier packaging films used in the food and pharmaceutical industries, SolVin’s R&D team developed a sustainable, high performance alternative. SolVin provides paint manufacturers with an outstanding anticorrosion solution, while meeting tomorrow’s environmental requirements as soon as today. Diofan® is protecting your future! ” Lancksweert added.
SolVin combines the competences of Solvay and BASF in the European vinyls sector. The synergies achieved in know-how and organization, the complementarities of product ranges as well as upstream integration have built up SolVin as a leader on the PVC and PVDC markets. The joint venture has operations in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Benelux countries and a total annual production capacity of 1.3 million tons of PVC, with 2000 employees. Solvay owns 75% of SolVin and BASF, the remaining 25%.
For further information, please contact :
Business Manager PVDC
Tél: 32 2 509 71 69
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org